Bruce E. Reinhart is a nationally recognized trial attorney and distinguished former federal prosecutor. Bruce is Co-Chair of the firm's White Collar and Government Compliance Practice Group and he focuses his practice on defending corporations and individuals in federal criminal investigations and regulatory enforcement matters. He conducts internal investigations and provides compliance counseling for businesses of all sizes. Bruce also represents corporations and individuals in asset forfeiture proceedings, including, in one case, successfully reacquiring over $1 million in property for a Fortune 500 company. Bruce’s extensive experience includes having served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of Florida for over 11 years, as Senior Policy Advisor to the Undersecretary for Enforcement at the U.S. Treasury Department, and as a Trial Attorney in the Public Integrity Section of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. Bruce represents individuals and corporations.
Bruce's background includes:
- Over 50 jury trials to verdict in federal court.
- More than 100 federal grand jury investigations including complex financial crimes, health care fraud, tax fraud, violent crimes, narcotics, and public corruption.
- Conducting internal investigations of multi-million dollar employee embezzlements.
- Hundreds of contested hearings in federal courts throughout the United States.
- Over 200 federal sentencing hearings under the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines.
- Oral arguments before three U.S. Courts of Appeals.
- Asset forfeiture, restitution, and post-conviction litigation.
- Training other lawyers in trial advocacy, criminal practice, and ethics.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Federal prosecutors drop case against John Edwards," The Associated Press, June 13, 2012.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Reason for criminal charges in Edwards case remain unclear," News & Observer, June 11, 2012.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Sandusky federal investigation may have different focus," CNN, March 2, 2012.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Experts: Penn State investigation could focus on cover-up," The Patriot-News, March 2, 2012.
- Bruce Reinhart discusses healthcare fraud in "Drugging juveniles: Doctors hired to evaluate kids in state custody have taken huge payments from drug companies," Palm Beach Post, March 23, 2011.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Gov. Rick Scott's Drug Testing Policy Stirs Suspicion," Palm Beach Post, March 27, 2011.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "No Indictments From Grand Jury Probe of Broward Schools, So Now What?," Fort Lauderdale, Sun-Sentinel, March 7, 2011.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Judge Upholds Masilotti Conviction But Opens Door To Get Land Back," Palm Beach Post, January 22, 2011.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Scott Rothstein Scandal: One Year Later," Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, November 1, 2010.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Justices Set Aside Black Conviction," Palm Beach Daily News, June 25, 2010.
- Bruce Reinhart profiled in "West Palm office busy amid sea of changes," Daily Business Review, September 24, 2007.