Bruce E. Reinhart is a nationally recognized trial attorney and distinguished former federal prosecutor. Bruce is Co-Chair of the firm's White Collar and Government Compliance Practice Group.
Bruce defends corporations and individuals in federal criminal investigations and regulatory enforcement matters. He conducts internal investigations and provides compliance counseling for businesses of all sizes in a wide range of industries. Bruce also represents corporations and individuals in asset forfeiture proceedings, including, in one case, successfully reacquiring over $1 million in property for a Fortune 500 company. He has also sought civil enforcement and injunctions to protect client’s intellectual property.
Bruce’s extensive experience includes having served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of Florida for over 11 years, as Senior Policy Advisor to the Undersecretary for Enforcement at the U.S. Treasury Department, and as a Trial Attorney in the Public Integrity Section of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C.
Bruce's background includes:
- Over 50 jury trials to verdict in federal court.
- More than 100 federal grand jury investigations including complex financial crimes, health care fraud, tax fraud, violent crimes, narcotics, and public corruption.
- Conducting internal investigations of multi-million dollar employee embezzlements.
- Hundreds of contested hearings in federal courts throughout the United States.
- Pursuing and defending qui tam actions under the False Claims Act.
- Over 200 federal sentencing hearings under the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines.
- Oral arguments before three U.S. Courts of Appeals.
- Asset forfeiture, restitution, and post-conviction litigation.
- Training other lawyers in trial advocacy, criminal practice, and ethics.
- America's Forum, July 17, 2014. "Bruce Reinhart talks about the investigation of the IRS scandal," (click here to watch).
- THELAW.TV, August 20, 2013. Interviewed for the segment "Will Eric Holder set drug offenders free?" (click here to watch).
- The Golf Exchange Presented by the "Honda Classic", July 28, 2013 (click here to listen).
- THELAW.TV, July 30, 2013. Interviewed for the segment "Manning: Not Guilty, Aiding Enemy; Guilty On Other Charges," (click here to watch).
- THELAW.TV, July 23, 2013. Interviewed for the segment "Where Do We Go After the Zimmerman Verdict?" (click here to view the article).
- THELAW.TV, July 15, 2013. Interviewed for the segment "George Zimmerman Case: Verdict Analysis," (click here to watch).
- THELAW.TV, July 8, 2013. Interviewed for the segment "George Zimmerman Case: Week-In-Review," (click here to watch).
- THELAW.TV, July 1, 2013. Interviewed for the segment "Evidence Stacking Up Against Aaron Hernandez," (click here to watch).
- WKYC, March, 22, 2012. @ The Table: Florida gun law (click here to watch).
- MSNBC Live, July 15, 2011. Discussing Casey Anthony and Roger Clemens cases (click here to watch).
- Radio Investigator. Discussing public corruption and honest services fraud (click here to listen).
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "US to Settle with African Leader's Son in $71 Million Graft Cases," 100 Reporters, July 21, 2014.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "South Florida defense attorneys say Zimmerman has made his case," The Palm Beach Post, July 11, 2013.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Federal prosecutors drop case against John Edwards," The Associated Press, June 13, 2012.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Reason for criminal charges in Edwards case remain unclear," News & Observer, June 11, 2012.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Sandusky federal investigation may have different focus," CNN, March 2, 2012.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Experts: Penn State investigation could focus on cover-up," The Patriot-News, March 2, 2012.
- Bruce Reinhart discusses healthcare fraud in "Drugging juveniles: Doctors hired to evaluate kids in state custody have taken huge payments from drug companies," Palm Beach Post, March 23, 2011.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Gov. Rick Scott's Drug Testing Policy Stirs Suspicion," Palm Beach Post, March 27, 2011.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "No Indictments From Grand Jury Probe of Broward Schools, So Now What?," Fort Lauderdale, Sun-Sentinel, March 7, 2011.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Judge Upholds Masilotti Conviction But Opens Door To Get Land Back," Palm Beach Post, January 22, 2011.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Scott Rothstein Scandal: One Year Later," Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, November 1, 2010.
- Bruce Reinhart quoted in "Justices Set Aside Black Conviction," Palm Beach Daily News, June 25, 2010.
- Bruce Reinhart profiled in "West Palm office busy amid sea of changes," Daily Business Review, September 24, 2007.