Our “menu” of services for our food industry clients is comprehensive. The services we often provide to our food industry clients include:
- Business counseling
- Business restructuring services
- Data security
- Employee benefits counseling
- Intellectual property and litigation
- Labor and employment counseling and litigation
- Mergers and acquisition consulting
- Multistate tax
- Real estate
- Trade secret, non-compete and unfair competition
Our attorneys are on a mission to help our food industry clients achieve their goals. We provide a "smorgasbord" of legal services to businesses in the food and beverage industry -- from small, privately held entities to Fortune 500 companies. We are knowledgeable about both the complex challenges confronting the industry and the legal issues typically encountered. In fact, for some of our food industry clients we serve as general counsel, in which we respond to day-to-day legal issues. Our clients count on us to be their business advisor and sounding board because we develop proactive relationships.
Every day in business, legal issues arise that need fast, comprehensive and thoughtful solutions. We seek to develop significant insight into our clients’ business objectives and then apply legal and strategic planning skills to help them respond to complex business challenges and opportunities. Our food industry attorneys work together to offer a high level of knowledge and value to every client.
Our food industry team assists clients with organizational issues, including entity choice and formation, buy-sell and succession planning, maintenance of corporate records, and corporate governance. We also advise clients concerning a wide range of business issues that arise day-to-day, such as vendor and customer contracts, purchase and sale orders, warranty matters, confidentiality agreements, protection of proprietary rights, franchising and distributorships, and antitrust concerns.
A sampling of our clients:
- A public company that is the largest manufacturer of Kefir products in the United States.
- The world’s second largest food company
- A global manufacturer and marketer of high quality foods and simple meals, with products that are sold in more than 120 countries
- The largest refiner and distributor of sugar in North America
- World’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company with 280,000 employees and operations throughout the world
- A major U.S. dairy that annually produces about 100,000 pounds of Swiss cheese
- A Midwest Swiss cheese manufacturer that produces about 50 million pounds per year
- A provider of the world’s leading food manufacturers with quality ingredients
- A Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company with a nutrition business
- A grocery chain that is the largest private label manufacturer of food in the U.S.
- A world leader in bag-in-box packaging for the food, beverage and industrial markets
- A food service equipment manufacturer