Our firm has extensive experience representing directors and officers in a wide range of industries -- both for-profit and not-for-profit. Directors and officers serve in complex and challenging roles in which they often oversee large sums of money. Thus, questions arise related to misconduct, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, antitrust, and employment issues. Our attorneys understand that allegations of this kind can have a substantial impact. Therefore, we focus on developing a practical, thoughtful and cost-effective plan for your defense.
Our directors and officers litigation team frequently works with professional liability insurers in the defense of such claims. When disputes arise, we strive to avoid litigation by facilitating a resolution to the issues. In cases where litigation is unavoidable, our directors and officers litigation attorneys have the knowledge and experience to handle the case in the most proficient manner to achieve a good result.
An added benefit is that our attorneys are well rounded in the related legal areas of class action defense, securities, commercial, banking and financial services, corporate, and additional business law specialties. This comprehensive background enables our attorneys to provide insightful trial and settlement strategies.
Examples of our board and corporate officers representations include:
- A publicly traded company in federal securities litigation, resulting in dismissal of the amended complaint
- State anti-trust proceedings, resulting in summary judgment for our clients
- Representation of board and corporate officers in managed care organizations in breach of fiduciary duty claims, breach of contract claims, and anti-trust claims in state and federal courts, resulting in numerous dismissals and favorable settlements
- Middle market, Fortune 500, and not-for-profit organizations in numerous employment cases throughout state and federal courts, resulting in summary dismissals and favorable resolutions
- A third-party administrator in federal ERISA litigation involving alleged negligence and breach of fiduciary duty claims
- A failed Medicaid HMO in a breach of fiduciary duty case, resulting in a favorable settlement