Member - Venture Capital
McDonald Hopkins LLC is seeking a partner level Venture Capital/Start-Up attorney with 7+ years of relevant experience in Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, or West Palm Beach office (we are also open to remote candidates).
The ideal candidate will have experience representing both institutional investors and issuers in venture capital financing (including experience with NVCA documents), as well as experience with M&A transactions and advising emerging growth companies on a variety of day-to-day corporate matters. You will be managing and leading all aspects for corporate transactions, including venture and seed financings, corporate formations, corporate governance, venture debt facilities and daily "outside GC" management of startup clients.
- Drafting and managing transactional matters, including venture and seed financing documents, corporate governance documents (charters. bylaws, shareholder agreements and operating agreements), commercial contracts, board resolutions and consents.
- Organizing and maintaining online platforms, including cap table management platforms (e.g. Carta), with proficiency at using software applications such as Word, Excel, document management systems and search engines.
- Juris Doctor and licensed to the state bar in your place of residence.
- 7+ years of corporate or transactional experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Startup-VC or Big Law M&A experience is a plus, but not required.
McDonald Hopkins does not currently accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or headhunters.
McDonald Hopkins is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. (Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need without regard to any protected category.)