Paralegal - Trust and Estates
McDonald Hopkins is seeking a full-time, qualified Trust and Estate Paralegal to join our Cleveland office to work with both third-party and attorney fiduciaries. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience and have a strong understanding of estate and ongoing trust administration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare estate tax returns (Form 706) and fiduciary income tax returns (Form 1041)
- Communicate with clients, trustees, beneficiaries, and family members
- Prepare asset and tax spreadsheets
- Prepare and file probate documents
- Review bank statements and prepare annual trust and estate accountings
- Draft trust administration documents for ongoing trust administrations
- Assist in the distribution of estate assets, the funding of sub-trusts, and distributions to beneficiaries in ongoing trust administrations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mathematics and tax skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in Thompson Reuters OneSource Trust & Estate Administration Fiduciary Accounts Program, CCH Axcess, Adobe, Microsoft Office Suite, advanced in Microsoft Excel.
McDonald Hopkins does not currently accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or headhunters.
McDonald Hopkins is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. (Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need without regard to any protected category.)