At McDonald Hopkins, we bring together the experience and expertise of our startup-VC team, national Healthcare Practice Group, FDA Regulatory Practice Group, and Intellectual Property Department to offer digital health, telemedicine, biotech, medical device, and other companies in the health technology industry the legal and business guidance they need.
- Our startup-VC team has experience working with entrepreneurs and their respective startups at all stages of a company’s life cycle in an outside general counsel role, including venture capital financings, formations, private debt and equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities law compliance and commercial technology transactions.
- McDonald Hopkins’ national Healthcare Practice Group offers health technology companies the expertise to tackle almost any industry, legal or regulatory challenge – from working through HIPAA and business associate privacy to data protection issues.
- Our FDA Regulatory Practice Group provides strategic advice for clients from the inception to launch of their product, with a focus on gaining regulatory approvals, ensuring compliance with FDA and other agency regulations, and avoiding consumer and competitor challenges. We understand how a strong regulatory foundation can enhance the value of your products and business.
- The attorneys in our Intellectual Property Department help health technology companies create, secure, maintain, and exploit every possible competitive advantage in the marketplace to grow their business. Our team can assist health technology companies with a wide range of issues, such as filings, registration, maintenance, prosecution, and licensing agreements.
- Served as lead counsel, Biotech startup in $390M Series D Financing and $300M Series C Financing, and as point associate for the startup’s $900M Series B Financing
- Served as lead counsel in Medical Device startup’s $5M financing
- Assisted multiple medical device startups in an outside GC capacity (including several that have previously raised over $9M)
- Assisted Health Tech AI Platform in its formation, c-corp conversion and seed financing
- Represented Multiple Medical Device startups in commercial contract
- Served in outside general counsel capacity for startup providing physical and online-based Autism learning for children
- Served in outside general counsel capacity for startup creating an innovative software platform for dental practices, also assisted with formation, intellectual property
- Assisted a startup creating an innovative content-based software platform for cancer survivors in seed financing and outside GC capacity
- Assisted in patent, open source software, and agreement due diligence review of laboratory management technology and products.
- Assisted in patent due diligence review of next-generation sequencing technology and products.
- Assisted in patent, open source software, and agreement due diligence review of genetic testing technology and products.
- Assisted in due diligence patent and agreement review of medication delivery system “five-rights” checking technology and products.
- Patent clearance and prosecution for major healthcare companies in the infusion pump, blood collection / separation, and medication delivery system “five-rights” checking technology and products space.
- Advised client on FDA and regulatory compliance issues related to telemedicine dermatology services.
- Provided FDA and FTC compliance review of medical device product sales.