Confronting and solving financial distress in your business is a formidable challenge that requires experience, creativity and insight. Whether negotiating a new loan or forbearance terms, dealing with concerned suppliers, satisfying customers, engaging in a distressed sale process, or – if need be – pursuing a chapter 11 or other restructuring process, McDonald Hopkins can work with you and your other advisors to guide you through the process. We provide practical business-based advice focused on achieving the optimum outcome even in dire circumstances. Our attorneys have built a strong reputation as the legal advisors of choice for businesses facing difficult financial decisions in numerous industries. We know that your business is unique, and with our many full-time restructuring professionals and access to the full range of specialists at our firm, we bring the resources necessary to provide you with cost-effective advice and solutions.
McDonald Hopkins has served as primary restructuring counsel for more than 100 companies over the past 20 years. Listed below is a small sample of representative engagements.
- QSL of Medina, et al. – represented franchisor Quaker Steak and Lube in its chapter 11 reorganization (Bankr. N.D. Ohio)
- Timothy Place, NFP - represented continuing care retirement community in successful pre-arranged chapter 11 restructuring involving more than $145 million in secured bond debt. (Bankr. N.D. Ill)
- Lee Steel – represented multi-location steel service center in successful going concern sale and confirmation of chapter 11 plan. (Bankr. E.D. Mich)
- Forum Health – represented multi-hospital system with more than $100 million in secured debt in going concern sale and confirmed plan (Bankr. N.D. Ohio)
- The Antioch Company, LLC – represented direct sale and scrapbooking company in chapter 11 reorganization. (Bankr. D. Minn)
- Community Hospitals – represented community hospitals in Ohio, West Virginia, and Texas in out of court restrucutirngs.
- Duke and King Acquisition Corp. – represented franchisee of 92 Burger King® restaurants in a successful 363 asset sale and bankruptcy plan of liquidation. (Bankr. D. Minn.)
- Kazi Foods – represented franchisee of 140 KFC restaurants in chapter 11 case resulting in successful going concern sale. (Bankr. E.D. Mich)
- Willard Rental Properties, LLP – represented a family-owned property management and home improvement company with 1,100 rental units in Northern Ohio in the successful chapter 11 reorganization of their businesses. (Bankr. N.D. Ohio)
- Republic Engineered Products, LLC – represented specialty steel bar manufacturer in chapter 11 resulting in a going concern sale valued at more than $300 million (Bankr. N.D. Ohio)
- LTV Railroads – represented the railroad subsidiaries of LTV Steel in an out of court workout that successfully avoided bankruptcy.
- BPI Energy, Inc. – represented a producer of coal-bed methane gas in chapter 11 bankruptcy, including the sale of assets and confirmation of a plan of liquidation. (Bankr. N.D. Ohio)
- CCI of West Palm, Inc. – represented multiple New York and Florida franchisees of TGI Friday’s® casual dining restaurant operations in chapter 11 bankruptcy. (Bankr. S.D. Fla.)
- Union Stamping & Assembly, LLC – represented a West Virginia-based Tier I automotive parts manufacturer in a 363 asset sale and subsequent winddown of its business in chapter 11 bankruptcy. (Bankr. S.D. W.Va.)
- GETRAG Transmission Manufacturing, LLC – represented automotive supplier with more than $600 million in debt in chapter 11 case (Bankr. E.D. Mich.)
- RMA Management Services – represented accounts receivable management company with $175 million annual revenue in chapter 11 restructuring (Bankr. N.D. Ohio)
- Hawaii Medical Center, LLC – represented Hawaiian hospital in chapter 11 restructuring (Bankr. D. Hawaii)
- Blog Post
- Blog Post
- Blog Post
- Blog Post
- Speaking Engagement4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Of Counsel|