As 2023 arrives, many companies find themselves with bloated balance sheets, cash flows insufficient to service debt, and limited options to refinance that debt in an environment full of inflation and rising interest rates. When these concerns are coupled with supply chain issues, continued overhang from Covid, and geopolitics, investors, business managers, and other professionals face trade-offs and other difficult choices in an uncertain economy.
In this session of the Private Equity Executive Webinar Series, McDonald Hopkins' Strategic Advisory and Restructuring attorneys David Agay and Maria Carr will be joined by Sandra Abitan (from Osler) and John Castellano (from AlixPartners) to discuss important topics for stressed and distressed portfolio companies and subsidiaries.
Topics will include:
- Fiduciary duties and corporate governance
- Timing concerns and retaining advisors
- Communication strategy with customers, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Negotiating with lenders and other funded debt creditors
- Managing cash and other working capital
- D&O insurance and risk mitigation
- Compensation, benefits, and other employee issues
- Alternatives to in-court processes