Margaret Redshaw is an Associate in the Litigation Department at McDonald Hopkins and part of the firm’s commercial litigation team. Margaret’s practice focuses on complex litigation covering a variety of legal and business disputes, including commercial litigation, breach of contract, business torts, product liability, professional liability, and life sciences. She has a broad range of trial and mediation experience that includes representing national and international corporations in state and federal cases, including managing all stages of discovery, drafting pleadings, arguing motions, taking depositions, and assisting in trial.
Margaret earned her J.D. from Loyola University Chicago and her B.S. from the University of Central Florida.
Representative Cases & Matters
- Served as lead associate defending global manufacturer of cryogenic tank in product defect cases filed by more than 200 patients of fertility clinic in the Northern District of California.
- Advised a $5 billion company in launch of at-home fertility product, including draft client-facing services agreement and arbitration agreement, and analyze and revise vendor agreements, carrier contracts, and laboratory’s quality management plan.
- Advised Fortune 100 company in business and contract disputes, including research and draft comprehensive memorandum analyzing shareholder and successor liability.
- Served as lead associate representing real estate companies in breach of contract dispute concerning purchase of commercial properties valued at $75 million.
- Served as lead associate defending professionals against allegations of malpractice in underlying legal matters involving commercial litigation, patent prosecution, product liability, civil engineering, estate planning, and whistleblower litigation.
Honors & Recognition
2023 Illinois Rising Stars – Civil Litigation Defense
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Product Liability Litigation- Defendants (2024)
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
University of Central Florida
Admissions – Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Admissions – State
Professional & Civic
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Defense Research Institute