Brad is an Associate in the Business Department at McDonald Hopkins. As part of the firm’s Commercial Finance team, his practice focuses on representing borrowers and lenders in high balance, complex commercial finance transactions.
A former law clerk at McDonald Hopkins, Brad has experience preparing and negotiating a variety of transaction agreements, including credit and security agreements, asset/share purchase agreements, membership liquidation agreements, and lease agreements.
Prior to the start of his legal career, Brad served as a Technology Risk Consultant for a Big Four accounting firm where he advised clients on developing and implementing internal control frameworks and assisted with the design and standardization of technical documentation. He was also involved in technology audits focused on Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
Brad earned his J.D. from Cleveland State University College of Law, graduating magna cum laude. While in law school, he served as the Managing Editor of the Cleveland State Law Review and was the recipient of the Sidney A. Levine Award for distinguished papers in legal writing. He earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in finance and accounting from Kent State University, where he graduated cum laude.
Representative Cases & Matters
- Represented a lender in its $140,000,000 revolving credit facility used to finance the acquisition of a large metals provider.
- Represented a steel manufacturer in its $90,000,000 financing, which included a revolving credit facility and mezzanine financing.
- Represented a private equity owned millwork company in its $2,000,000 credit facility.
- Represented a lender in its $9,500,000 term loan facility to a fitness franchisor.
- Represented a Private Equity owned metals manufacturer in its acquisition financing of a $90,000,000 credit facility
- Represented a lender in the financing of a $150,000,000 credit facility
- Represented a lender in the financing of a $7,250,000 credit facility
Honors & Recognition
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law: Magna Cum Laude; Dean’s List Honors (all semesters); CALI Excellence for the Future Award (highest grade) – Corporations (Spring 2021); Sidney A. Levine Award Recipient 2020 – Distinguished Papers in Legal Writing; Managing Editor – Cleveland State Law Review
Kent State University: Cum Laude; Dean’s List (all semesters); President’s List – 4.0 GPA (Fall 2015); Jo-Ann Stores Scholarship; Deloitte & Touche Scholarship; Beta Gamma Sigma – Honors Society
Cleveland State University College of Law
Kent State University
Admissions – State
Professional & Civic
Legal Aid Society Veterans Brief Advice Clinic
Peer Mentor Program at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
IRS Certified Volunteer Tax Preparer (2020)
Miracle League of Lake County (2018-2019)